East End Hospice is a New York State Certified Hospice, providing an individualized plan of care for terminally ill patients and the families and loved ones, through a coordinated interdisciplinary team of skilled professionals and volunteers.
With an average daily census of 70-90 patients, a newly constructed state of the art free standing 8 bed inpatient unit and a widely recognized children’s bereavement program, East End Hospice serves the Long Island, New York, Eastern Suffolk County townships of Brookhaven, Riverhead, Southold, Shelter Island, Southampton and East Hampton.
Many of our employees feel that they have a calling to work at East End Hospice. All are committed to providing the highest quality end-of-life and bereavement care available. At East End Hospice, we are committed to providing competitive salaries and excellent benefits. East End Hospice is an equal opportunity employer and is a drug-free workplace. If you are interested in joining our team, please send your cover letter and resume to the designated email under job description.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.
Human resources coordinator
Human Resource Generalist – Coordinator – Full Time
Responsibilities of Human Resources Coordinator include:
- Create a work environment in which employees are supported. Maintain an open door policy for all employee relations.
- Provide current employees with information about policies, wages and employee benefits.
- Administer compensation and benefit plans.
- Maintain personnel records to ensure all are in compliance with pertinent federal and state regulations and standards.
- Regularly update the Bamboo Human Resource Information System (HRIS).
- Ensure evaluations for employees are done on a timely basis and in compliance with applicable federal and state regulations and EEH policies.
- Evaluate and update position descriptions as needed throughout the year.
- Assist in completion of orientation for all newly hired employees.
- Ensure compliance with labor regulations. Manage Short and Long Term Disability, Paid Family Leave, Worker’s Compensation, OSHA, COBRA and FMLA reporting and record keeping for employees.
- Prepare annual reports and annual packet for EEH as required.
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview and select applicants for follow up interviews. Assist in all phases of the onboarding process.
- Assists with the modification of policies, practices and processes to meet changing regulations or standards.
- Assist updating and maintaining accurate payroll budget throughout the year and ensure status updates and payroll changes are processed on a timely basis.
- Compile statistical data, special projects and reports as directed.
- Assist Business Director to analyze and modify health benefits annually and work with brokers to establish competitive benefits packages.
Requirements of Human Resources Coordinator include:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or applicable field
- 3+ years in an HR management or leadership position
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of employment/labor laws
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; HRIS systems (Bamboo) will be a plus
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Desire to work as a team with a results driven approach
- Additional HR training will be a plus
All candidates must have a Valid New York State driver’s license and proof of current automobile insurance required for all positions. East End Hospice offers competitive salary and benefits, supportive working environment. All candidates please submit a current resume and cover letter directly to, Kathy O’Donnell, Business Director, firstname.lastname@example.org