January 1st marked one year in my tenure as President and CEO of East End Hospice. It’s been a joy and privilege meeting and getting to know so many of you this past year. Thank you for your invaluable support for East End Hospice.
We achieved a great deal in 2019. I’m pleased to share a few highlights.
- • We reached patients and families sooner making us better able to help navigate the complex physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of end-of-life.*
• We launched a new caregiver support group in partnership with Stony Brook Southampton Hospital.
• With funding from a grateful caregiver we began the five-year Jackie Peckoff Memorial Lecture series, which brings hospice and palliative experts to EEH to educate and train our staff.
• Fundraising efforts broke records, including our annual Summer Gala, which raised over half a million dollars.
• We were featured in several news outlets, including The Southampton Press, news12 Long Island, abc7ny and Holy Cross Magazine.
I’m proud of all we accomplished in 2019. And I’m excited about our future. In the weeks ahead we’ll roll out a five-year strategic plan that will guide our operations through 2025. With your support we’ll enhance East End Hospice’s commitment to improving lives on the East End through expert care, comfort and compassion for the terminally ill and their families.
Thank you for helping East End families who are living with terminal illness experience the best possible quality of life.
With warm wishes for happiness and joy in 2020,
Mary C. Crosby, RN, MPH, CHPN
President & CEO
* East End Hospice’s median LOS, which tracks the number of days patients receive hospice care, increased from 10 days in 2017 and 2018 to 11 days in 2019.
East End Hospice offers expert end-of-life care to terminally ill residents across Long Island’s East End from William Floyd Parkway to Montauk and Orient Points. Charitable contributions help improve the lives of friends and neighbors and guarantee that every patient no matter their circumstances receives the individualized care they deserve. DONATE NOW or call 631.288.7080 to discuss ways to give to East End Hospice.